· the Bible, both the Old and New Testaments, was given by inspiration of God, and is our only rule in matters of faith and practice.
· in Creation, not evolution; that man was created by the direct act of God and in the image of God.
· in the traditional Biblical definition of a marriage as between one man and one woman.
· that Adam and Eve, in yielding to the temptation of Satan, became fallen creatures.
· that all men are born in sin.
· in the Incarnation, the Virgin Birth and the Deity of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
· in His vicarious and substitutional Atonement for the sins of mankind by the shedding of His blood on the Cross.
· in the resurrection of His body from the tomb, His ascension into Heaven and that He is now our Advocate.
· that He is personally coming again.
· in His power to save men from sin.
· in the necessity of the New Birth, and that this New Birth is through regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
· that salvation is by grace through faith in the atoning blood of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
· that God is almighty and deserves our praise and worship. The method used to worship God is not as important as the fact that we do worship Him. We are created for the pleasure of God and to fulfill this purpose. God seeks true worshipers to worship Him in spirit and truth.
that this statement of faith is a basis for Christian fellowship and that all born-again men and women who sincerely accept it, can and should, live together in peace and harmony through promoting the cause of Christ.
Click here for an overview of Hope's ACADEMIC and ATHLETIC achievements.