Hope Christian School is now accepting applications for the following position(s):
Hope’s Academic Assistance Program is looking for tutors for the 2016-2017 school year. All tutoring positions are paid positions. At the middle school and high school level, we offer Hope students tutoring in all levels of math and also in English. English tutors need to be strong with grammar, parts of speech, and writing. Math tutors, at a minimum, need to be strong with fractions, decimals, and basic algebra. If tutoring upper grades, then more knowledge is needed. Prior tutoring or teaching experience is a definite plus. All potential mid school and high school tutors will be given a test to assess their knowledge in the subject(s) they will be tutoring.
Elementary tutors work with students in Kindergarten through 5th grade on phonics, reading and reading comprehension, spelling, language arts, penmanship, and math. Most elementary tutors are adults, but high school seniors will be considered for working with 4th and 5th grade math tutoring students. College students who are elementary education majors with student teaching experience make excellent elementary tutors; however, parents or grandparents who have experience helping their own students with homework will be considered. This is also a great part-time job for retired teachers.
During the school year, we tutor Monday-Thursday, from 3:30 to 5:45 (slightly earlier for elementary tutoring). It is preferred that potential tutors be available to tutor at least four hours per week. All tutoring during the school year is one-on-one, and new tutors receive training and observe sessions before getting started with their own students. For more information about becoming a tutor at Hope, please contact Kristin Hughes, Director of Academic Assistance, by emailing email@example.com.
Note: These applications are fillable .pdfs. Instructions:
- Click on relevant link and form will open on your computer screen.
- Complete the form by typing in the fields online.
- When done, print, sign, and submit to Hope Business Office.
- Submission of employment applications may be done in person, by mail, by fax, or you may scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org (as well as email address listed in job posting).
- Although the information you type in online will NOT save, you may print it to a .pdf file to retain a copy.